Frequently Asked Questions
What are we doing during the Covid virus?
- All vendors, staff and guests are asked to follow the local or state mandates put in place.
- If you have a fever or cough, have been near anyone with COVID, or have underlying health concerns, please do not attend the event
- When not seated or within 6' of other guests, masks are strongly recommended (in some cases, mandated)
- The venue has increased the frequency and thoroughness of cleaning before and during events
- Everyone has a choice in attending events at our venue. By entering you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID
- We continue to monitor updates and changes as they are announced and will keep our clients updated of any changes.
What is the building capacity?
- 400 guests including the bridal party.
What dates are available?
- Please see the available dates information here.
How do I reserve a date?
- To reserve a date email us at Events@CountryLaneLodgeIowa.com. Dates are reserved on a first requested basis.
- Once we receive your signed contract and a deposit, the date and venue are yours.
- Dates are reserved on a first requested basis.
- Check Available Dates
Do I need to schedule a tour or can I just stop by?
- We kindly request that all tours are by appointment but we can make an exception if you are only in town for a short period.
- You can request a tour at the top of the page.
What is the rental fee for Country Lane Lodge and what does it include?
- Please see the details found here for complete pricing with items and services included.
If we plan to have our ceremony elsewhere, is the venue price discounted?
- Our pricing structure remains the same whether you hold your ceremony, reception, or both onsite. We only hold one wedding per day so you are getting our entire venue for the day.
Is there a deposit? When are the additional payments due? Do you offer a payment plan?
- Yes. When the contract is signed and to continue holding the date, we require a $3,000 deposit via check.
- Three months prior to the event the remaining fee will be due via check.
- You are welcome to send partial payments of any amount prior to the specified due date, so in effect creating your own payment plan on your own schedule.
What is the average budget of a couple getting married at CLL?
- What a great question! In general, we believe the average budget of a couple getting married at Country Lane Lodge is between $18,000-$30,000 for all wedding expenses (venue, food, dress, DJ, photographer, etc.). We have had some creative couples with smaller guests lists host beautiful weddings in the $15,000 - $18,000 range, and we have had several lovely events here spending significantly more than the average.
Do you require us to use preferred vendors (DJ, Florist, Photographer, etc.)?
- At Country Lane Lodge we allow you to choose your vendors. Because there are so many great vendors, we do have our “Vendors We Love” list to help you out. These are vendors we either see frequently or have done a good job on prior weddings. See list here.
Are there overnight accommodations nearby?
- Yes. There are many hotels at the Jordan Creek Pkwy off I80 or Living History exit off I80/I35.
- The Hampton Inn off Jordan Creek Pkwy offers complimentary shuttle service to our couples and would encourage you to reserve a of block soon to secure the shuttle service.
How many cars will your parking lot accommodate?
- About 175 vehicles.
- We also have a special lane for shuttle buses or limos that can drop you off at the door.
- Guest vehicles may be left overnight, however we ask that all vehicles be picked up by noon the following day.
Do you offer round or straight tables?
- We offer a choice of 5’ round tables and 8’ rectangle tables for you to choose from. We also offer custom wood tables that do not require linens for your use.
- We use folding black resin chairs inside and white fan back chairs outside. Our staff will have these set up and ready to go the day of your event.
Do you provide table linens?
- Country Lane Lodge offers you black or white linens which are included in your rental price. They are only able to get 72”x72” or 90”x90” for round tables and 52”x124” for rectangle tables.
- If you are looking for floor length, colored linens, runners, etc. we are happy to order through Celebrations for an additional fee and have them delivered.
- You are also welcome to bring your own linens.
How do you set the table and chairs up?
- With a variety of table sizes and the number of guests, we have quite a few floor plan combinations.
- We create a custom floor plan with you to give you the look and feel you want for your wedding day. We also want to make sure the flow works well for you and your guests.
What happens in case of rain?
- We are one of the few venues that has the space to set up indoors in case of weather. Just know we will always have a back-up plan ready to go in case it is needed! We can “flip” the layout in about 15 minutes which makes for a quick and stress-free transition.
What form of payment do you accept?
- We prefer rental payments in check.
- We do accept credit card payment for the final bar tab.
- Guests are also able to pay for their bar tab with cash or credit card.
My preferred dates are unavailable. Do you have a cancellation waiting list?
- We do not keep a cancellation list because cancellations are rare.
- As soon as a date does become available we post it here.
Where can I find pictures of the décor available?
- Starting in 2021 we will begin offering décor to our couples. We have it all listed under our Decor Options page.
What time will I have access to the venue to decorate?
- You will have access to the venue at the time listed on your contract. Please plan accordingly.
Do you include a “day-of” coordinator?
- We do have a staff member(s) here before you arrive onsite and someone who stays with you throughout the duration of your big day.
- Although they have routine duties that need to be completed (preparing the venue for the day, keeping the venue clean, opening the bar, etc.), the staff member is there to help you keep things go smoothly and ensure your day is as stress-free as possible!
Is it necessary to hire a wedding planner?
- If you are looking for someone to handle all the details and work directly with all your vendors leading up to your wedding day, this may be the choice for you. We do ask that you contact us BEFORE you hire a wedding planner.
What time do you suggest we start the ceremony?
- A typical Friday or Saturday wedding is between 3:00 – 5:00 with the majority starting at 4:00 pm. Sunday weddings generally start between 2:00 – 3:00 pm.
Is the venue available for a rehearsal?
- If the rehearsal is outside the rental agreement day and time, it’s based on availability and an additional fee.
Can we have fireworks on the property?
- Fireworks and sparklers are not permitted.
Are we allowed to use the fire pit?
- We allow guests to gather around the fire pit as part of the rental agreement and possibly make S’mores.
- The Lodge reserves the right to close the fire pit for safety to our guests or the property.
What time does the music need to end?
- Music on Friday and Saturday's must conclude by 11:00 p.m. to ensure that you and all of your vendors (specifically your DJ) are off-property by midnight. Music on Sunday's must conclude by 9:30 p.m. to be off property by 10:00 pm.
Are there any requirements for my DJ?
- DJs must set up at least 2 hours prior to ceremony.
- Volume can be no louder than 85 decibels for guest conversations and comfort.
- Allow enough time to tear down and be out of the venue by midnight.
We are using a rental company. Can they drop items off or pick them up outside of the rental period?
- All deliveries must happen during the standard rental period. Please advise your vendors of this policy or contact us directly if there are unique circumstances.
Are candles allowed?
- Because we are a wood structure and accidents can happen, we only allow flameless candles for safety reasons.
How far in advance do you need our final headcount?
- Three weeks
What is the event clean-up process?
- We ask that that the venue be left in a similar condition as you found it.
- Our staff will handle all standard beverage clean up and trash removal throughout the day.
- We ask that you remove any personal items, clothing, leftover food, etc. following the wedding reception. Any remaining trash, empty boxes, etc. will need to be carried to the dumpsters.
Can we nail decorations to the walls or hang things?
- No. The Lodge does not permit using nails, staples, tape, tacks, or command strips to any surface of the building. We will have hooks already placed that you are welcome to use for any additional decorations. We hope that you will find our venue beautiful without any extra work!
Can we place signs on the road?
- Yes you can, however we ask that you pick them up at the end of the day.
Are we allowed to use a tent?
- Yes you are allowed to use a tent providing setting up the tent does not damage the lawn or surrounding area.
- There is a $150 fee and the tent rental is up to the couple. We are happy to recommend reliable vendors is needed.
Do you allow dogs onsite to play a part in our wedding day?
- We allow dogs with some very specific stipulations. Dogs are allowed (only with pre-approval by Kendra) at the ceremony and for pictures for no more than 2 hours. Dogs must be on a leash and someone must be responsible for them other than the bride and groom.
- Animals, other than service animals, are NOT allowed under roof or near food.
Is wedding liability insurance required?
- Yes. Wedding liability insurance is required and generally costs around $150.
What are our catering options at Country Lane Lodge?
- We allow our couples to bring in any licensed caterers they choose. Because there are so many choices, we have created a list of “Vendors We Love” to help you decide. You can find that list here. These are just a few of our favorite caterers who have served many weddings at The Lodge. Because there are so many great catering choices in the area, it’s quite possible you may select one that is not on our list. If you need help choosing, please contact us and we will help point you in a direction.
Do we have to utilize your bar service?
- All of your beverage needs must be purchased through Country Lane Lodge, including tea and coffee. Honestly, there is no “normal” when it comes to the beverage service on a wedding! We help you customize your selection and estimate the quantity the best we can based on experience (and a little luck!).
- Two bar staff are included in the rental price and each additional staff needed can be added for $50 per staff.
- Our full liquor license allows us to offer keg beer, wine, “simple mixers” and signature drinks.
- All beverages must be paid at the end of the evening.
- We prefer check but can also take a credit card.
- An itemized receipt will be emailed to you within 4 days.
Are we required to hire an off-duty police officer?
- You are not required to hire an officer for our weddings. We outline our policies to the couple prior to your wedding. It is your responsibility to make sure your family and guests (especially the wedding party) follow these rules.
- No outside alcohol is permitted on the property and will be confiscated immediately.
Do you allow food trucks?
- Yes we have allowed food trucks in the past. Please speak to us directly about what you are planning and we will see if it will work for your wedding.
Are outside food and drinks permitted?
- Outside food and non-alcoholic drink are permitted while you are getting ready.
- Please no outside alcohol of any kind.
Do you provide cups, silverware, plates, etc?
- Yes and No. Country Lane Lodge provides all the disposable cups and glasses you will need for the bar service.
- You will need to work with your caterer on plates, silverware, napkins, etc. for your meal. Most caterers offer a variety of offerings from paper to plastic, some offer real china for an additional fee, and most offer a slight discount if you want to purchase your own dinnerware (ie: Same’s Club has a nice offering).