Header Photo By: GG Photography
Frequently Asked Questions
This is the accordion body content. It is typically best to keep this area short and to the point so it isn't too overwhelming.
- To reserve a date, email us at Events@CountryLaneLodgeIowa.com
- Once we receive your signed contract and deposit, the date and venue are yours.
- Dates are reserved on a first requested basis.
- Check Available Dates
- We kindly request that all tours are by appointment but we can make an exception if you are only in town for a short period.
- You can request a tour at the top of the page.
- Yes. When the contract is signed and to continue holding the date, we require a $3,000 deposit via check.
- Three months prior to the event the remaining fee will be due via check.
- You are welcome to send partial payments of any amount prior to the specified due date. In effect creating your own payment plan on your own schedule.
Yes. There are many hotels at the Jordan Creek Pkwy off I80 or Living History exit off I80/I35.
The Hampton Inn off Jordan Creek Pkwy offers complimentary shuttle service to our couples and would encourage you to reserve a of block soon to secure the shuttle service.
- About 175 vehicles.
- We also have a special lane for shuttle buses or limos that can drop you off at the door.
- Guest vehicles may be left overnight, however we ask that all vehicles be picked up by noon the following day.
- We offer a choice of 5’ round tables and 8’ rectangle tables for you to choose from. We also offer custom wood tables that do not require linens for your use.
- We use folding black resin chairs inside and white fan back chairs outside. Our staff will have these set up and ready to go the day of your event.
- Country Lane Lodge offers you black or white linens which are included in your rental price. They are only able to get 72”x72” or 90”x90” for round tables and 52”x124” for rectangle tables.
- If you are looking for floor length, colored linens, runners, etc. we are happy to order through Celebrations for an additional fee and have them delivered.
- You are also welcome to bring your own linens.
- With a variety of table sizes and the number of guests, we have quite a few floor plan combinations.
- We create a custom floor plan with you to give you the look and feel you want for your wedding day. We also want to make sure the flow works well for you and your guests.
- We prefer rental payments in check.
- We do accept credit card payment for the final bar tab.
- Guests are also able to pay for their bar tab with cash or credit card.
- We do not keep a cancellation list because cancellations are rare.
- As soon as a date does become available we post it here.
- We do have a staff member(s) here before you arrive onsite and someone who stays with you throughout the duration of your big day.
- Although they have routine duties that need to be completed (preparing the venue for the day, keeping the venue clean, opening the bar, etc.), the staff member is there to help you keep things go smoothly and ensure your day is as stress-free as possible!
- We allow guests to gather around the fire pit as part of the rental agreement and possibly make S’mores.
- The Lodge reserves the right to close the fire pit for safety to our guests or the property.
- DJs must set up at least 2 hours prior to ceremony.
- Volume can be no louder than 85 decibels for guest conversations and comfort.
- Allow enough time to tear down and be out of the venue by midnight.
- We ask that that the venue be left in a similar condition as you found it.
- Our staff will handle all standard beverage clean up and trash removal throughout the day.
- We ask that you remove any personal items, clothing, leftover food, etc. following the wedding reception. Any remaining trash, empty boxes, etc. will need to be carried to the dumpsters.
- Yes you are allowed to use a tent providing setting up the tent does not damage the lawn or surrounding area.
- There is a $150 fee and the tent rental is up to the couple. We are happy to recommend reliable vendors is needed.
- We allow dogs with some very specific stipulations. Dogs are allowed (only with pre-approval by Kendra) at the ceremony and for pictures for no more than 2 hours. Dogs must be on a leash and someone must be responsible for them other than the bride and groom.
- Animals, other than service animals, are NOT allowed under roof or near food.
- All of your beverage needs must be purchased through Country Lane Lodge, including tea and coffee. Honestly, there is no “normal” when it comes to the beverage service on a wedding! We help you customize your selection and estimate the quantity the best we can based on experience (and a little luck!).
- Two bar staff are included in the rental price and each additional staff needed can be added for $50 per staff.
- Our full liquor license allows us to offer keg beer, wine, “simple mixers” and signature drinks.
- All beverages must be paid at the end of the evening.
- We prefer check but can also take a credit card.
- An itemized receipt will be emailed to you within 4 days.
- You are not required to hire an officer for our weddings. We outline our policies to the couple prior to your wedding. It is your responsibility to make sure your family and guests (especially the wedding party) follow these rules.
- No outside alcohol is permitted on the property and will be confiscated immediately.
- Outside food and non-alcoholic drink are permitted while you are getting ready.
- Please no outside alcohol of any kind.
- Yes and No. Country Lane Lodge provides all the disposable cups and glasses you will need for the bar service.
- You will need to work with your caterer on plates, silverware, napkins, etc. for your meal. Most caterers offer a variety of offerings from paper to plastic, some offer real china for an additional fee, and most offer a slight discount if you want to purchase your own dinnerware (ie: Same’s Club has a nice offering).